Wellsworth (pop. 550) lies near the coast at the northern end of a peninsula close to Suddery. Nearby is a large hospital which serves the majority of Sodor's inhabitants and a nunnery.
The station at Wellsworth (often called "Edward's station") is on the North Western Railway's main line and acts as a junction for the Brendam branch line. The express does not stop at Wellsworth, although it was once accidentally sent down the branch. The station is at the foot of Gordon's Hill on the main line and, as a result, can be subject to runaway goods trains when the engine has not pinned down brakes. The station has a large goods yard and sheds, as well as sheds for Edward and BoCo, who operate the branch line.
The line from Brendam to Wellsworth is one of Sodor's oldest and was first known as the Wellsworth and Suddery Railway, which was later extended to Knapford in 1914 to connect with other railways to become the North Western Railway.
According to legend, St. Tibba had a well dug here, hence the name.
In Adventures on Rails, it acts as a junction to Edward's Branch Line. Edward is usually located around here, and the Fat Controller owns a mansion around here as well.
In Sodor Adventures, the shed has four berths for Edward, BoCo, Bill and Ben.
In Thomas' Sodor Adventures, the shed has two berths for Geoffrey and BoCo.
Adventures on Rails
- Season 8 - Henry Tries His Best and A Sad Night for Henry and the Flying Kipper
- Season 10 - Christmas Preparations (mentioned), Christmas Eve Crisis, and New Year Problems
- Season 11 - Nix the Loaned Engine, and Nix and the Troublesome Boys (mentioned)
- Season 12 - Clever Thinking
- Season 14 - James and Paxton, Edward to the Rescue, Salty's Secret, and Gordon Takes a Tumble
- Season 15 - The Twins' Passing Problem, Donald and the Breakaways, Points of No Return, and The Fireworks Display
- Season 16 - Dodger's New Routine, Edward and Rocky, and Henry and the Express
- Season 17 - The Three Little Engines Part 1
- Season 19 - Most Beautiful Station (mentioned), Middle Engines, and Stepney's Visit
- Season 20 - Den and Dart Save the Day, It's Great to Be Down By the Seaside!, The Special Delivery, and An Ordinary Day on Edward's Branch Line
- Volume One - Dirty Sidings, Tenderfirst, Stuck in the Snow, Old and New, Record Breaker, Saving Edward, Nose-diving, The Trouble with the Enthusiasts, The Monster of Brendam, and Christmas with Friends
- Volume Two - Taking Toby to the Works, Gordon's Last Run, New Livery, Trevor's Visit, Quarantine, Edward's Brass Band, Molly's Idea, Emily's New Route, and Christmas Help
- Volume Three - James and the Pipes, The Back of the Train, and Banker Engine
- Thomas vs. Stanley
- Saving Donald
- The Case of the Missing Engines
- James and Percy (short)
- The Hurricane
- Thomas and the Avalanche
- Thomas, the Really Useful Engine
- James and the Fat Controller
- Saving the Mountain Engines
- That's What Friends Are for
- Home Sweet Home
- Best Engines Ever
- You Lucky Engine
The Engines of Sodor
- Season 1 - Harvey to the Rescue, Double Teething Troubles, Molly's Special Job, Hiro of the Rails, and Scruff the Scruncher
- Season 1 - Stuck in the Mud, Where's BoCo?, Improper Engines, and Trust Paxton
- Season 2 - Gordon and the Sharp Bend and Bluebells Forever
- Season 3 - Jack and Alfie Swap (mentioned), Edward and the Poachers, CoBo, Bill, Ben and Derek, Derek Comes Home, and Pompous Popularity
- Season 4 - Banker Banter, Triple Trouble, The Runaway Koby, Too Much of a Good Thing (mentioned), Planes and Helicopters (mentioned), Famous Engines, Scrap Sculpting, and Saved by the Belle
- Season 5 - The Big City Engine, Percy and the Problem with James, Culdee and the Enthusiasts, High Expectations, Diesel Domination, and Winston and Elizabeth
- Season 6 - Timothy the Ghost Engine and James Pulls the Royal Train
- Season 7 - Young and Old
- Thomas and Percy
- Gordon and Spencer: An LNER Rivalry (mentioned)
- Thomas and the Ghost Engine
- Sodor and the Meaning of Christmas
The Many Adventures on the Island of Sodor
- Season 1 - James and the Railway Inspector, The "Special" Visitors, Brake Van Bother, Franklin the Forklift, and Franklin All Around Sodor
- Season 2 - BoCo’s Boxcab Bother, Bill and Ben's Big Mistake (mentioned), Henry Knows Best, Edward’s Escapade, Diesel's Good Deed (flashback), and All for Thomas
The Adventures on Sodor
- Season 1 - Geoffrey's Real, Tankers of Doom, Edward Tries His Best, Henry the Warrior, Gordon, Spencer and the Flying Scotsman, and Tinsel on the Tracks
- Season 2 - Unique Engines, Haunted Henry's Forest, and Jealous James
- Season 1 - Steamie Stakeout and Derek & Marion
- Season 2 - Diesel's Redemption, Hank's Hero, BoCo and the Branch Line - Part 1, and BoCo and the Branch Line - Part 3
The Many Adventures of Thomas the Tank Engine and His Friends
- Season 1 - Tornado, Edward's Special, Edward, James and the Trucks, and The Christmas Emergency (mentioned)
- It is occasionally misspelt as "Ellsworth".
- In the eleventh season episode, Edward and the Mail, Wellsworth was referred to as a Post Depot.
- In some of the episodes in the seventeenth season, the asphalt around the station and tracks changes to grass and stones.