Troublesome Trucks (Foolish Freight Cars or simply Cars in the US) are so nicknamed because they can be quite troublesome and love to play tricks on the engines, except Edward, Stepney, Hiro, and Salty. The trucks have been the cause of most of the railway's accidents. However, since Douglas smashed the spiteful brake van and Oliver pulled S.C. Ruffey, their leader, apart, they have been frightened of some engines.
- Season 1 - Percy's Oil Spill, Harvey's Goods Train, Sir Handel and the Coal Mines, Big Strong Murdoch, and Bill and Ben
- Season 2 - Unique Engines (flashback; cameo), Fire at Ffarquhar, Trouble with Brake Vans, and The Return of Boulder
- The Great Storm of Sodor (mentioned)
- Season 1 - A Bad Day for James, Paxton Gets Pranked, One of the Family, Brake Van Bother, Toby Gets Tough, Terence, Max and Monty (mentioned), and Franklin the Forklift
- Season 2 - Rosie Takes Over (do not speak), Clean vs. Dirty, Mother Mavis, Diesel's Good Deed, and True or False?