The series was created by MainLineEngines to formally catalogue all the episodes that had been released. Originally, the writer had planned to focus just on shorts after the release of Ceremonium. It was not until early 2018 that the thought of going back to single stories came back. During the writing of That's What Friends Are for, there came many news ideas. One was the introduction of Jessie, as the 'Austerity' tank engine the Fat Controller planned to acquire after Wilbert's trial. Also, Dodger, David, and Molly were given proper backstories. All this cemented the Writer's writing style and with that came a lot of story ideas. These were going to be put on hold, then the Writer thought again and decided to write them out and release them periodically. The first episode released was Dirty Sidings on 5 March 2019, followed by two more on 11 March. Story ideas kept coming and the number of episodes grew to twenty-six by 29 December.
These stories use the most up-to-date information about each engine. They are slightly different from previous Adventures on Rails seasons in terms of writing style which has changed over the past few years. Not all the stories from the original series carry into this new series. In fact, certain things have been retconned by the Writer to make it more in line with his standards.
The series will be divided into volumes. There is no fixed number of stories that will be released nor any specific release dates, although the first day of the month tends to be quite common.
The first volume contains twenty-six episodes which were released from 5 March to 29 December 2019.
- Dirty Sidings - James runs into some trouble in the sidings on Edward's line.
- Tenderfirst - James gets stuck on Edward's line and has to run tenderfirst.
- Signals Crossed - Toby is worried about the signal gantry at the Big Station.
- Stuck in the Snow - Heavy snow strands Pip and Emma, so Donald and Douglas have to rescue them.
- Oily in the Morning - Daisy leaks oil which causes trouble for Ryan.
- Old and New - Molly collides with a car.
- Warm Coaches - When travelling with Daisy, Annie and Clarabel cannot get their interior heated.
- Garage Sale - A large sale is hosted at the Big Station.
- The Fire - A fire breaks out at the Big Station and momentarily halts all trains.
- Record Breaker - Marion tries to set a new record for most earth moved in a day.
- High Tide - High tides cause trouble on Duck's Branch Line.
- Blown Away - A storm approaches the west coast of the Island of Sodor.
- Too Many Trucks - Jessie tells the other engines a story of her back at East Moors Steelworks.
- Saving Edward - Edward needs repairs, but he still tries his hardest to do his work.
- Nose-diving - James begins to experience nose-diving and is worried if the Fat Controller finds out.
- The Trouble with the Enthusiasts - Bill and Ben love enthusiasts but are horrified when they focus more attention to Thomas.
- Coal Strike - Dodger and the workmen at the Coal Mines are not on board with many of the new manager's ideas.
- Motivation - Rusty tries to get Fred to do some work.
- Behind the Gate - The work carried out by the Ministry of Defence becomes a talking point along the Skarloey Railway.
- The Monster of Brendam - Percy gets the engines on Edward's line to scare Bill and Ben with one of Salty's stories.
- Down at the Station - The engines and staff at Ffarquhar meet Liza.
- Jessie and the Frozen Points - Jessie feels down, but soon proves her worth.
- Ryan and the Boats - Ryan is fascinated by the fleet of boats at Arlesburgh Harbour.
- Emily and Molly - Emily unknowingly hurts Molly, so Dodger is determined to cheer her up.
- Christmas with Friends - Thomas has enjoyed working on Edward's line, but doesn't know whether to stay there or go back home to his branch line for Christmas.
- Thomas's Snowplough - Thomas has some mishaps with his snowplough.
Currently in progress.
- Taking Toby to the Works - James and Henry argue over who will take Toby to the Works.
- Gordon's Last Run - Pip and Emma take over pulling the Express from Gordon.
- Daisy and the Milk - The milk train is still one of Daisy's jobs - even on a new line.
- New Livery - David and Dodger get new coats of paint.
- Daisy, Ryan, and the Cows - Cows cause trouble on the Harwick Branch Line.
- Easter at Harwick - It is Eastertime, and the town of Harwick celebrates.
- Cliffhanger - Duncan finds himself hanging quite literally at the Blue Mountain Quarry.
- Percy and the Mud - Percy gets stuck in the mud.
- Gordon's Buffers - Edward tells the engines how Gordon got his square buffers.
- Trevor's Visit - Trevor gets to visit the Ffarquhar Branch again.
- The Trouble with Sheep - A dog chases sheep onto the line which causes trouble for Thomas.
- Barrier Wagons - Dodger tells James and Molly how he had to handle gunpowder wagons in the war years.
- Quarantine - Most of the engines are stuck inside, but that doesn't mean they are completely down.
- Snow Rescue - Donald and Douglas rescue Dodger from the snow when Terence is unable to.
- Edward's Brass Band - After an accident, Edward helps the Brass Band catch their train home.
- Quarantine at Ffarquhar - Thomas and Percy are stuck in the sheds due to the pandemic.
- Jessie and the Old Engine - Jessie has to go to the Works and meets another engine.
- Thomas and the Lighthouse - Thomas is tasked with delivering a new light bulb to the lighthouse at Norramby.
- Percy and the Left Luggage - Some luggage gets left behind at Ffarquhar so it is up to Percy to get it to the Junction on time.
- Duck, Henry and the Tenders - Duck's tenders come into use after Henry damages his own tender.
- Molly's Idea - When the Norramby Branch Line re-opens, Molly is tasked with running it. However, it soon proves to be too much for her so someone else must run the line.
- Emily's New Route - Emily takes charge of the evening service but she soon runs into some trouble.