The Days Before Christmas is the thirtieth episode of the fourth season.
"Toby's cowcatchers and side-plates are useless. Why? He can't show a wheel at all. Disgraceful."
-Gordon's remark on Toby's cowcatchers and sideplates when he sawa they're very important
|The Days Before Christmas|
|Season 4, Episode 30|
|Air date||December 23, 2011|
The Winter Solstice
Toby Saves the Day
Toby is a Steam Tram. He has purple side-plates and black cowcatchers. He is slower and weaker than other engines. One day he says his cowcatchers and side-plates are important and very useful. Gordon disagrees, and Toby decides to show him one day. That chance came that afternoon when Gordon was thundering by with the Express. A cow was on the line. So Toby rang his bell and wheeshed steam, but it was too late to back up. Gordon hit Toby and he dissappeared. The Fat Controller, Toby's Brother, and Gordon see Toby in the water with his cowcatchers and side-plates broken, and his wood frames broken too. Soon, he is taken to the SteamWorks and Gordon rushes to tell James, Toby saved someones life.
- Toby's Brother
- Sir Topham Hatt
- James (non-speaking role)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Edward (cameo)
- Henry (cameo)
- Emily (cameo)
- Arthur (cameo)
- Salty (cameo)
- Harvey (cameo)
- Diesel 10 (cameo)
- Events from Henry and the Snow are mentioned. Yet it is not mentioned that Toby pulled Henry out of the snow.
- This seems to be a slight follow-up on Toby's Surprise and Henry and the Snow. Only The Winter Solstice seperated the episodes.
- Toby Saves the Day will be a follow-up on this episode.
- Breakvans should have been added to Toby and Thomas' trains.
- Henry is seen in his blue livery again.