Terence is an orange crawler tractor who often works near Thomas' Branch Line.
1934 vintage Caterpillar Model Seventy
Terence was first teased by Thomas due to his caterpillar wheels, but had to accept them as useful after Terence rescued him after he got stuck in the snow. He later made friends with Percy, Toby, and Duck. He once did the shunting at Ffarquhar whilst Toby was up at Anopha Quarry. He also rescued Bertie after he got stuck in the mud at the Vicar of Wellsworth's party.
Terence is an assertive, orange tractor with caterpillar tracks. The engines find these very unusual, but Terence is very capable of proving that he does not need rails and that his tracks allow him to go practically anywhere. He takes any teasing in the name of fun and is happy to get on with his job, usually partaking in agricultural work. Terence never hesitates to assist in emergencies or sticky situations, road or rail, due to his helpful, forgiving nature. His tracks are particularly invaluable in harsh winter conditions when snow can affect transport across the Island. He may be slow, but he is versatile, adaptable, and helpful. He can usually be found transporting agricultural produce or cheerily ploughing fields beside Thomas' branch line.
Terence is painted orange with grey caterpillars and a black engine and exhaust pipe.
Adventures on Rails
- Season 17 - Wildfire
- Season 18 - Percy's Big Mistake
- Season 20 - Mavis and the Thieves and Terence Takes a Swim
- Season 1 - Races, Where's BoCo?, Oliver and the Snowstorm, and Winston and Elizabeth (cameo)
- Season 2 - Stanley and the Flood and Bluebells Forever (cameo)
- Season 3 - Jack and Alfie Swap (mentioned), Bertie and the Fog, and Jacob Helps Out
- Season 4 - Thomas and Algy (cameo) and Planes and Helicopters
- Season 5 - Sodor Snowstorm and Butch's Snow Rescue (mentioned)
The Many Adventures on the Island of Sodor
- Season 1 - The "Special" Visitors, A Friend in Ferdinand, and Terence, Max and Monty
- Season 2 - Rosie Takes Over
The Adventures on Sodor
- The Great Storm of Sodor (cameo)