Spencer is a fast silver steam engine from the Mainland owned by the Duke and Duchess of Boxford.
LNER A4 Pacific
LNER Doncaster Works
Sir Nigel Gresley
Spencer came from the Mainland owned by the Duke and Duchess of Boxford. He boasted to Gordon about being the fastest engine in the world, but stopped boasting after he didn't listen to Gordon's advice to take on water and got stuck on the hill, and needed to be rescued by Gordon. He later came back and raced Edward, but lost after he fell asleep whilst the Duke and Duchess were taking photos, allowing Edward to overtake him and win the race.
Spencer is based on off the LNER A4. Mallard is another type of this class.
He is painted grey with black lining.
Spencer is the main antagonist, being the one behind the mutation of the other engines. He did this because he thinks Engines complain too much.
In Collection Mode, he inhabits Vicarstown Station with Diesel.
Adventures on Rails
- Season 1 - Spencer and the Big O'l Problem, Overhaul, Thomas' Birthday, and Summer, Spring and Winter Wipeout
- Season 2 - Pilot 2 (cameo), Edward & the Tenders (non-speaking role) and A Rookie and another Rookie
- Season 1 - Races (mentioned), Streamlined Engines and Oldies But Goldies
- Season 2- Runaway Coaches, Max, Monty and the Bull (mentioned) and Bluebells Forever
- Season 3 - Connor the Mr. Clean (cameo)
- Season 4 - Banker Banter and Saved by the Belle (cameo)
- Season 5 - Silver Steam and Bears
- Season 6 - Timothy the Ghost Engine
The Many Adventures on the Island of Sodor
- Season 1 - James and the Railway Inspector and One of the Family
- Season 2 - Edward’s Escapade and Second Rate Engines
- Season 1 - A Cousin's "Love"
Stories From Sodor
- Season 1 - Insignificant