an incline at the Dinorwic Slate Quarry
Owen is an incline traction engine who is stationed at the Blue Mountain Quarry.
Owen is the incline traction engine at the Blue Mountain Quarry, whose job is to transfer trucks of slate up and down the incline. When he was first introduced, he tried to keep Luke a secret from Thomas, and reluctantly helped Thomas up the incline when he needed to speak to Luke. This resulted in Thomas coming off the rails and hanging dangerously over the edge of a cliff, until Luke saved him and brought him back to the incline. However, the weight of both engines was too much for Owen, and the platform they were on hurled to the quarry floor.
In the seventeenth season, he was unsure about the idea of a deer staying in the quarry, believing that the quarry was no place for a deer, and became disappointed when Luke had the idea of the engines working more quietly. In the eighteenth season, he also met up with Gator again when he returned to Sodor for Christmas.
Owen is an enthusiastic incline engine, based on a vertical traction boiler, housed at the top of the incline at the Blue Mountain Quarry. From high up above the quarry floor, he gamely takes great pride in his job and never tires in the overseeing of empty slate trucks up the incline, while sending loaded ones down, often announcing the transportation of cargo as he moves it between terraces. He likes to maintain steady, safe operation throughout the quarry and enjoys ensuring everything is running as it should. He is keen to help any engine about their work and make sure everyone is on track.
Owen is painted orange and grey with an orange nameplate.
- Season 1 - Down the Bridge and Diesel Domination
- Season 2 - A Happy Day for Alfie (cameo) and Paul and Rusty
- Season 3 - Don't Be Late! and Luke and the Christmas Party
- Season 4 - Duke's New Grace and Broken Down Crane (cameo)
- Season 5 - Nigel (cameo) and Thumper and the Avalanche
- Season 6 - The New Diesel Fuel (cameo)
The Adventures on Sodor
- Season 1 - Old and Wise, Dashing Duncan (cameo), Sir Handel and the Coal Mines (cameo), Skarloey Comes Home, and Special Brakes (cameo)
- Season 2 - Trouble on the Line, The Return of Boulder, and Duncan's Discovery
- The Great Storm of Sodor (cameo)
The Many Adventures on the Island of Sodor
- Season 1 - Rock 'n' Rolling Again, Luke's Lucky Find, and Duke Does it Again (cameo)
- Season 2 - Clean vs. Dirty (does not speak) and The Search for Neil