Max and Monty are two devious dump trucks.
|Max and Monty|
15 and 16
4-wheeled 40-ton Mack dump trucks or Euclid dump trucks
Max and Monty have been known to cause much trouble over the years with The Pack, such as, knocking over the Lightning Tree, falling into a ditch whilst testing a new race track, and causing Patrick to fall into a pile of cement. However, they did work hard on the restoration of Great Waterton.
Max and Monty are usually devious and cause trouble for everyone they come into contact with. They are known to cause trouble, but are sternly scolded by Miss Jenny when they are found out. Despite being unruly at times with dangerous stunts, they both have a good side – somewhere – and do their work like everyone else.
Max and Monty are painted red with grey dumpers. Their numbers are painted in white on their sides. Max has a thick front bumper, whilst Monty has a "two pipe-type" front bumper.
- Season 1 - Down the Bridge and Winston & Elizabeth
- Season 2 - Max, Monty & the Bull, Stanley & the Flood (do not speak), and A Happy Day for Alfie
- Season 3 - Jack & Alfie Swap and Don't Be Late! (cameo)
- Season 4 - Too Much of a Good Thing and George Strikes Again
- Season 5 - Nigel and Bumble Bucket
- Roadways Versus Railways
The Many Adventures on the Island of Sodor
The Adventures on Sodor
- The Great Storm of Sodor (do not speak)