Henry is a green mixed-traffic engine who works on the Main Line.
Henry was built by stolen plans by Sir Nigel Gresley which resulted in a mix of a A3 'Pacific' and a C1 'Atlantic' engine. He was sold in 1919 to the Fat Director who was desperate for an engine at the time. In 1922, he stalled in Ballahoo Tunnels claiming the rain would spoil his "lovely green paint with red stripes", and refused to come out despite various failed attempts to get him out. He was let out after Gordon broke down with Express, and Edward couldn't pull the train himself. He was repainted blue for a time, until he along with Gordon and James went on strike due to their recent mishaps.
His poor condition continued until he was given Welsh coal. However, in the winter of 1935, he crashed into a goods train at Killdane, and was sent to be rebuilt at Crewe into a LMS Black Five. He also became an 'Enterprising' engine after rescuing D199's train and the 'Limited' pulled by Bear.
He now works on the Main Line, as a much more sensible engine, though he seems to carry a rivarly with James. He usually works goods or stopping passenger trains, and if Gordon is away, he usually pulls the Express.
Henry is generally well-behaved, but he is occasionally arrogant and vain. Henry is at heart a hard worker, but his frequent bouts of illness hinder his work. Henry is also a nature-lover.
He is painted NWR green with red lining and a yellow number '3' on his tender.
Henry inhabits The Ironworks at Night.
Adventures on Rails
- Season 11 - Old Iron (cameo), Nix the Loaned Engine, The Unstoppable Nix (cameo), Nix and the Troublesome Boys, Night Engine, Edward Returns, and Duck the Great Western Engine
- Season 12 - Diesel Does it Again, David's Restoration (does not speak), Bowled Out, Dirty Percy, and Freedom at Last! (cameo),
- Season 13 - Edward's Exploit, Tenders for Henry, Enterprising Engines Part 1, Enterprising Engines Part 2 (cameo), Resource and Sagacity, New Friends, Old Enemies, and Paxton and Norman
- Season 14 - James and Paxton, Edward to the Rescue, Nix and the Flying Kipper, Gordon Takes a Tumble, Dirty Tricks, and Something Fishy
- Season 15 - Percy and the Brake Van, Donald and the Lost Tarpulin (mentioned), Points of No Return, Thomas' Christmas Party, Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree, and The Fireworks Display
- Season 16 - Dodger and the Avalanche (cameo), Dodger's New Routine, Thomas and the Great Railway Show Part 1, Faithful Coaches (non-speaking role) and Henry and the Express.
- Season 17 - The Three Little Engines Part 1 (non-speaking role), The Three Little Engines Part 2, The Three Little Engines Part 3, The Football Special, Wildfire, The Drought, Best Dressed Engine, and Three Cheers for Thomas! (cameo)
- Season 18 - Night Bombing, Thomas and the Hurricane, Percy's Big Mistake, James and Percy and Percy and James' Accident.
- Season 19 - Rescue Mission, Hard Work, Diesel Shunters, Middle Engines and Stepney's Visit (non-speaking role)
- Season 20 - The Special Delivery, Rescue Engine, An Ordinary Day on Edward's Branch Line, Diesel Dream, and Ceremonium
- British vs. Americans
- Percy and Old Slow Coach
- Thomas, his Friends, and the Secret Island
- Thomas vs. Stanley
- Percy and Kevin's Adventure
- Saving Donald
- Nix's Determination
- The End of Sodor
- The Case of the Missing Engines
- The Restoration of Vicarstown
- James and Percy
- The End of the North Western Railway
- The Escape Plan
- The Hurricane
- Thomas and the Avalanche
- Thomas, the Really Useful Engine
- James and the Fat Controller
- Saving the Mountain Engines
- Very Famous Engines (mentioned)
- That's What Friends Are for
- Work and Play
- Home Sweet Home
- Best Engines Ever
The New Adventures on Rails
- Volume one - Tenderfirst, The Fire, Saving Edward, Nose-diving, The Trouble with the Enthusiasts, Motivation, Behind the Gate, Emily and Molly, and Thomas's Snowplough.
- Volume two - Taking Toby to the Works, New Livery, Gordon's Buffers, Quarantine, Snow Rescue (mentioned).
- Season 1 - Races, Stuck in the Mud (cameo), Improper Engines, The Crashing Kipper, Memory Loss (cameo), Diesel Domination and Dave the Diesel
- Season 2 - Runaway Coaches, Forest Fire, The Peel Godred Branch Line, Miniature Engines, Hiro and the Express, Diesel Day, and Bluebells Forever
- Season 3 - Percy and the Diesels (cameo), Old Slow Coach (does not speak), Homesickness (cameo), The Seaside Ghost, The Ghost on the Viaduct (cameo), Pompous Popularity, and Jonathon and Stafford
- Season 4 - Banker Banter, The Missing Tool (mentioned), The Runaway Koby, It's Not Easy Being Green, Cows and Whistles, Jason's Lost Friend (flashback), The Wrong Sort of Coal, James and Flynn (cameo), and George Strikes Again
- Season 5 - Sodor Snowstorm, Henry Saves the Day, Percy and the Problem with James, James' Search Party, and Bears
- Season 6 - Mystery Coming Through, James Pulls the Royal Train, and Edward and the Express
- Thomas and Percy
- Gordon and Spencer: An LNER Rivalry
- Thomas and the Ghost Engine
- The Curse of the Flying Kipper
- Sodor and the Meaning of Christmas
Sodor Adventure Rewrites
- Season 1 - James Strikes Out
The Many Adventures on the Island of Sodor
- Season 1 - Double Diesel Trouble (cameo), A Bad Day for James (does not speak), Paxton Gets Pranked (cameo), James and the Railway Inspector, The "Special" Visitors, The Joke's on Them, One of the Family (cameo), Bertie Rides the Rails (does not speak), Toby Gets Tough, A Friend in Ferdinand, Terence, Max and Monty (cameo), Luke's Lucky Find (cameo), Franklin the Forklift, and Franklin All Around Sodor (cameo)
- Season 2 - BoCo’s Boxcab Bother (cameo), Rosie Takes Over, Henry Knows Best, Arthur's New Route (does not speak), Edward’s Escapade (cameo), Second Rate Engines, and The Search for Neil (cameo; flashback)
- Season 1 - Steamie Stakeout, True Blue (does not speak), Hard Hatt (does not speak), and A Cousin's "Love"
- Season 2 - Diesel's Redemption, The Cursed Brake Van (cameo), Two Old Men, James and Daisy, BoCo and the Branch Line - Part 1 (cameo), BoCo and the Branch Line - Part 2 (does not speak), Artistic Spirit (cameo), Alaric’s Secret (cameo), and Interrogation