Flatbeds and Logs is the eighth episode of Season 4
"Careful with the old flatbeds"
Dash's advice to Edward
|Flatbeds and Logs|
|Season 4, Episode 8|
|Air date||December 1, 2011|
A Day at the DieselWorks
Thomas is ill, so Edward has to collect the two jobi flatbeds Dash is to prepare, Edward goes to Misty Island where Dash is waiting to push them behind Edward. Dash tells Edward to be careful as those flatbeds are old, Bash and Ferdinand were collecting new ones and if he needed help he could contact him on the two-way radios. Dash follows until the tunnel. Later he passes Rocky who is lifting pipes then a log falls and tumbles Rocky to the side and one is sinking Captain. Later at the Docks Salty, Mavis, and Diesel go off in a rush, which Edward wonders why. He follows them to see Rocky being pulled up, Edward helps but pulls too hard and crashes his tender. Despite this he cleans up the mess and apoligizes. Dash tells him he did good not spilling too many logs.
- Diesel (non-speaking role)
- Mavis (non-speaking role)
- Salty (non-speaking role)
- Rocky (non-speaking role)
- Captain (non-speaking role)
- Thomas (mentioned)
- Bash & Ferdinand (mentioned)
- Cranky (cameo)
- This is the second episode not to have any made up characters, the first being A Day at the DieselWorks.
- Dash is the only Misty Island Engine to appear in this episode.
- A breakvan should have been added to Edward, and Diesel's train.
- Sir Topham Hatt is never seen giving the order at the sheds which he should have came to Maron and not the stationmaster.