Emily is a large Stirling Single tender engine.
GNR Stirling Single G
When she first arrived on the Island, she accidentally took Thomas's coaches, and no one would speak to her. However, after she rescued Oliver, all the engines welcomed her warmly.
Emily is based on a GNR G Stirling Single.
Emily is painted in the emerald livery of the Great Northern Railway with gold lining and chocolate running-boards.
Emily acts as a sisterly figure to the others. Emily is kind and friendly and always sensitive to the other engines' feelings. If she wrongs someone, knowingly or not, she is quick to apologise.
Emily inhabits Blue Mountain Quarry at Night. Her engine driver is the main protagonist. In the Gender Bent Universe, her counterpart is Ethan.
She is a tall, emerald green humanoid with soulless eyes, a wide grin, sharp claws, and a yellow square on her stomach. Her neck is also three inches longer than a human’s neck. The yellow square was eventually changed in a later update to be a 12.
Adventures on Rails
The New Adventures on Rails
- Volume one - Nose-diving, Jessie and the Frozen Points, Emily and Molly, and Thomas's Snowplough.
- Volume two - Gordon's Last Run, New Livery, Gordon's Buffers.
- Season 1 - Races (cameo), Stuck in the Mud, Improper Engines (cameo), The Wrong Way, Memory Loss, Trust Paxton, Diesel Domination, and The Christmas Tree
- Season 2 - Runaway Coaches, Quack!, Molly and the Mountain Engines, Gordon and the Sharp Bend (cameo), Hiro and the Express, Independence (cameo), Diesel Day (cameo), and Bluebells Forever
- Season 3 - Homesickness (cameo), Hector the Ballast Hopper (cameo), Jacob Helps Out, Cold Chaos, and Luke and the Christmas Party (cameo)
- Season 4 - Banker Banter, The Runaway Koby (cameo), Polar Opposites, The Wrong Sort of Coal, James and Flynn, and George Strikes Again
- Season 5 - Sodor Snowstorm, The Big City Engine (cameo), James' Search Party, Stanley's Branch Line (cameo), and Samson and Logan
- Season 6 - Mystery Coming Through, Timothy the Ghost Engine, James Pulls the Royal Train, and Edward and the Express (cameo)
- Thomas and Percy
- Gordon and Spencer: An LNER Rivalry
- Thomas and the Ghost Engine
- The Curse of the Flying Kipper
- Sodor and the Meaning of Christmas
The Many Adventures on the Island of Sodor
- Season 1 - James and the Railway Inspector, The "Special" Visitors, One of the Family (cameo), Bertie Rides the Rails, Brake Van Bother, A Friend in Ferdinand (cameo), Rock 'n' Rolling Again (cameo), Luke's Lucky Find (cameo), Old Engine, New Changes, Franklin the Forklift, and Franklin All Around Sodor (cameo)
- Season 2 - Bill and Ben's Big Mistake (cameo), Rosie Takes Over (does not speak), Daisy Does it All (cameo), Henry Knows Best, Arthur's New Route, Edward’s Escapade (cameo), and Second Rate Engines (cameo)
- Season 1 - Steamie Stakeout, Which Way?, Hard Hatt (cameo), and A Cousin's "Love" (cameo)
- Season 2 - Diesel's Redemption (cameo), James and Daisy (cameo), BoCo and the Branch Line - Part 2 (mentioned), Gone Hunting (cameo), Alaric’s Secret, and Interrogation
- In Adventures on Rails, she was not officially part of the cast until Work and Play. Thomas and the Avalanche was due to feature most of the characters introduced in The Engines of Sodor, but this was later scrapped. Emily's status was played around with afterwards until the Writer finally decided to include in the series.