“Devious” Diesel is a devious BR Class 08 who works on the North Western Railway.
BR Class 08
Arrived on Sodor;
Diesel first arrived in 1957, and told lies about James, Henry, and Gordon causing Duck to be sent away. However, he was sent away due to telling lies about Henry. He did not return until Percy needed to go to the Works. At first, it seemed like he was ruder than ever. However, on his last day, he helped Thomas when Clarabel was derailed proving that perhaps that was a bit of good to him.
In Adventures on Rails, it seems that after his second visit, he is frequently seen at Vicarstown. It is believed that he is still owned by BR but allowed on the North Western Railway. He doesn't cause much trouble and instead seems more laid back. He does enjoying teasing the steam engines but he does work hard so the engines are all right with his presence.
Diesel is, in essence, the average pantomime villain. He is oily, malicious, devious, scheming, and full of ideas to get revenge. It appears Diesel has a good side in him, but one would still have to look deep to find it. He does want to be a really useful engine, however, since his arrival, he has given Diesels a bad reputation. He is also very proud to be the first Diesel on Sodor.
He is painted BR black all over, red bufferbeam, and silver side-rods. His side-rods were previously painted black.
Adventures on Rails
- Season 12- Diesel Does it Again.
- Season 13- New Friends, Old Enemies and Paxton and Norman.
- Season 14- Paxton and the Blue Mountain Quarry and James and Paxton (mentioned).
- Season 15- Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree and The Fireworks Display.
- Season 16- Den and Dart and Thomas and the Great Railway Show Part 1 (non-speaking role).
- Season 17 - The Three Little Engines Part 3 and The Football Special (non-speaking role),
- Season 18 - Disappearing Diesels.
- Season 19 - Diesel Shunters and Middle Engines.
- Season 20 - Twin Trouble, Den and Dart Save the Day, Underappreciated and Ceremonium (non-speaking role).
- The End of the North Western Railway
- The Hurricane (non-speaking role)
- You Lucky Engine
- Visiting Engines
The New Adventures on Rails
- Volume one - Nose-diving and Coal Strike.
- Volume two - New Livery and Barrier Wagons.
- Volume three - James and the Tar Wagons.
- Season 1 - Stuck in the Mud and Diesel Domination
- Season 2 - Frozen Points (mentioned), Molly and the Mountain Engines, Dave's Scary Tale (cameo), and Diesel Day
- Season 3 - Percy and the Diesels, Sidney Helps Out (cameo), and Pompous Popularity
- Season 4 - Famous Engines, Broken Down Crane, and Saved by the Belle (cameo)
- Season 5 - The Big City Engine, Silver Steam, Stanley's Branch Line, and Samson and Logan
- Season 6 - The New Diesel Fuel
- The Curse of the Flying Kipper
- Sodor and the Meaning of Christmas
The Many Adventures on the Island of Sodor
- Season 1 - Double Diesel Trouble, A Bad Day for James (cameo), Paxton Gets Pranked, The "Special" Visitors (cameo), Toby Gets Tough (cameo), Rock 'n' Rolling Again (mentioned), Franklin the Forklift (cameo), and Franklin All Around Sodor
- Season 2 - Rosie Takes Over (mentioned), Daisy Does it All (cameo), Mother Mavis, Diesel's Good Deed, and True or False? (cameo)
- Season 1 - Steamie Stakeout and Derek & Marion (mentioned)
- Season 2 - Diesel's Redemption, James and Daisy (cameo), Crane Chaos (mentioned), BoCo and the Branch Line - Part 1, BoCo and the Branch Line - Part 2 (mentioned), BoCo and the Branch Line - Part 3 (does not speak), Artistic Spirit, and Interrogation (cameo)
PH's Railway Videos Series 1
- Series 1 - Bill and Ben's Trick