Brendam, also known as Brendam Docks or Brendam Bay , is a town with a population of 5,000. It is the top station for Edward's Branch Line and an important harbour. Bill and Ben bring china clay from the nearby China Clay Workings, and it is shipped to the mainland.
The Sodor China Clay Company, established in 1948, occasionally hosts days when enthusiasts may look around. Bill and Ben particularly enjoy the attention these visitors give them.
In the television series, a coastal branch line runs from the port, and is mainly used for fish traffic. It also appears that the express stops here on its way to Vicarstown, to collect passengers from the many ocean liners that come in here. In the second and third seasons, there was a station near the docks, but it has not been seen since. In the fifth and sixth seasons, there was a large goods shed nearby Cranky, but after he accidentally knocked it over, it has not been rebuilt or seen since. The mail barge also docks here. The docks here are large and extensive, with many warehouses, cranes, rail yards and canals.
At Day, it is inhabited by 'Arry & Bert.
At Night, it is inhabited by Cranky.
Cranky, Big Mickey, and Carly are present in the background, loading and unloading ships. During the fight, they will occasionally swing boxes into the battlefield, which deal damage and knockback to anyone hit. In the No Hazards version, the three cranes will never swing boxes into the battlefield.
Adventures on Rails
- Season 11 - Night Engine
- Season 12 - Diesel Does it Again and Clever Thinking
- Season 13 - Enterprising Engines Part 2 (mentioned)
- Season 14 - Salty's Secret and Something Fishy
- Season 15 - The Twins' Passing Problem, Donald and the Lost Tarpaulin, Points of No Return, and Quick Thinking
- Season 16 - Edward and Rocky
- Season 18 - Disappearing Diesels
- Season 19 - Cranky and the Twins
- Season 20 - It's Great to Be Down By the Seaside! and An Ordinary Day on Edward's Branch Line
- Saving Donald (mentioned)
- James and Percy
- That's What Friends Are for
- Home Sweet Home (mentioned)
- Best Engines Ever
- The Legend of the Gold Train
The New Adventures on Rails
- Volume 1 - Dirty Sidings, Tenderfirst, Old and New, Saving Edward, The Trouble with the Enthusiasts, and The Monster of Brendam.
- Volume 2 - Edward's Brass Band.
The Engines of Sodor
- Season 1 - Races, Stuck in the Mud, Where's BoCo?, The Crashing Kipper, The Wrong Way, Harvey Goes Fishing, Be On Your Guard!, Trust Paxton, and Diesel Domination (mentioned)
- Season 2 - Fergus the Generator, Hiro and the Express, The Importance of Being Neville (mentioned), and Independence
- Season 3 - Edward and the Poachers, Mavis and the Track Repairs, CoBo, The Seaside Ghost, and Cold Chaos
- Season 4 - Too Much of a Good Thing, Famous Engines, Scrap Sculpting, The Wrong Sort of Coal, and Sea Rescue
- Season 5 - The Big City Engine, Thumper and the Avalanche, Stanley's Branch Line (mentioned), and Samson and Logan
- Season 6 - The New Diesel Fuel, Percy and the Grass Snakes (mentioned), and Timothy the Ghost Engine
- Season 7 - Young and Old, Love for the Sea, and Salty and the Small Engines
The Adventures on Sodor
- Season 1 - Geoffrey's Real, Tankers of Doom, Edward Tries His Best, Henry the Warrior, The Great Western Way (mentioned), Harvey's Goods Train, Scottish Engines, Salty's Secret Story, Big Strong Murdoch, Bill and Ben (episode), Scruff the Scrapper (mentioned), Fergus and the Small Engines, and Tinsel on the Tracks (mentioned)
- Season 2 - Unique Engines (flashback), Haunted Henry's Forest, The New Controller, Trouble with Brake Vans (mentioned), Back to Misty Island (mentioned), and Sidney Gets Lost (mentioned)
The Many Adventures on the Island of Sodor
- Season 1 - Double Diesel Trouble, Paxton Gets Pranked, Brake Van Bother (mentioned), A Friend in Ferdinand (mentioned), Rock 'n' Rolling Again (mentioned), Franklin the Forklift, and Franklin All Around Sodor
- Season 2 - BoCo's Return, BoCo’s Boxcab Bother, Bill and Ben's Big Mistake, Rosie Takes Over (mentioned), Henry Knows Best, Arthur's New Route (mentioned), Edward’s Escapade (mentioned), Mother Mavis (mentioned), Harold in Space (mentioned), Diesel's Good Deed (mentioned), and True or False?
Stories from Sodor