Season 9 of Adventures on Rails contains ten episodes that aired from October 22, 2012 to Halloween 2012.
- Gordon's Brother- With Henry gone, the Fat Controller needs another engine, luckily there is a famous engine available.
- James and the Flying Scotsman- After being teased for being a goods engine, James tries to prove that wrong.
- Edward's Heating Solution- Edward is old, but manages to find a solution for warmth
- Edward the Back Engine- Whilst trying not to stall, Gordon ends up needing a banker earlier than Gordon's Hill.
- Flying Scotsman and the Express- Flying Scotsman pulls his first Wil' Nor Western
- Turntable Trouble- The engines encounter difficulties with the turntable
- The Case of the Missing Tankers- Percy thinks a thief stole his TAR tankers, but there was a change of plans
- Gordon's Double Chimney- So certain about getting a new coat of paint, Gordon ends up getting a double chimney
- The Day of a Busy Engine- A usual busy day for Percy is told
- Nix's Halloween Tale- Nix the Reid D34 tells a Halloween story to the engines.
The episode The Return of Henry is technically part of the season.
- Sir Topham Hat
- Henry (non-speaking role)
- Thomas (cameo)
- Flying Scotsman