Season 5 is the fifth season of Thomas & Friends: Adventures on Rails. It will air from Febraury 14-19th, 2012. But the DVD New Friends on Sodor pre-released them on February 6th- Eight days before television airing.
NOTE: This page contains information that has not been released. So, be careful as you read.
Season 5 will start to air on Valentine's Day to the nineteenth. Season 6 is to mid-2012 with only 10 episodes Seasons 7&8 also will have 10 episodes. Seasons 9-19 will only have 7 and the final season, Season 20 will have 10 episodes with a big grand series finale.
This season excluded the Mystic River Traction Company Engines some Neptune Planetrain Island Engines. The season introduced 5 new characters.
- Diesel 10
- Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Jupiter, Belle, and Sidney will not appear in the season.
- This season introduced the fewest characters and had the fewest episodes.
- This is the second season to have an start or end date in 2012 but the first to have both the start and end date in 2012.
- This season was to be directly after Season 4 and start February 10th-the 14th., 2012. But it would look like part of Season 4. So it was moved to February 14-19, 2012.
- This season had a special intro and will be put on the 'New Friends on Sodor' DVD, which came out on February 6th, 2012
- Thomas Proves His Point was to be the first episode, but was moved out, because BoCo then would not have a proper introduction. It can only be found on the 'New Friends on Sodor' DVD.
A special will be released on March 2, 2012 and Season 6 should follow May 11, 2012 and the June special on June 1, 2012. Also the September special will be canceled. Seasons' 7-20 air dates are TBD.