|'Arry and Bert|
BR Class 08
In their first appearance, 'Arry and Bert crept alongside a lonely Stepney, who had mysteriously been sent to the smelters by mistake. They shunted Stepney into the larger smelting shed underneath a giant grabber, and threatened to scrap him. Thankfully, Stepney was saved by Sir Topham Hatt, once the diesels had left.
Despite being villainous, 'Arry and Bert are also known for playing tricks on steam engines, such as making them "middle engines". Once, they shunted trucks in front and behind Percy. This later led Percy to being pushed onto the coal tipper by mistake. Later, 'Arry and Bert played the same trick on James. Sometime later, they frightened Fergus away from the smelters, and bullied Neville, which made the engines think he was planning to bump them.
On some occasions, 'Arry and Bert's teasing ways backfire. Once, they played a ghostly prank on Thomas and Emily during Halloween, though they ran away when they thought Emily was a ghost. Another time, 'Arry and Bert teased Percy for having a whistle. Percy paid them back by creeping up behind them and blowing on his whistle. Later, along with Diesel, 'Arry and Bert began teasing Thomas for being smelly, but were later covered in stinky cheese.
'Arry and Bert were also part of the group of diesels that took over the Sodor Steamworks. They later teased Henry because of the coal he had to use by calling him "Mr. Special Steam". They also laughed at Gordon after he ran into Diesel's flatbed and damaged his bufferbeam.
When Sir Topham Hatt was seeking work inforcements, he called in 'Arry and Bert to assist. They helped Diesel come back to Sodor to apologize to the engines. After that, they worked hard on the restoration of the Kirk Ronan Branch Line and temporarily ran until Russell and are usually at the Ironworks, usually melting down scrap iron to make new metal or parts that can be used for many purposes.
Adventures on Rails
- Season 13 - New Friends, Old Enemies and Paxton and Norman.
- Season 14- James and Paxton (mentioned).
- Season 15 - Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree (cameo) and The Fireworks Display.
- Season 16- Den and Dart, New Challenges (mentioned) and Thomas and the Great Railway Show Part 1 (nonspeaking role).
- Season 17 - The Three Little Engines Part 1, The Three Little Engines Part 3 (Harry does not speak) and The Football Special (nonspeaking role)
- Season 18 - Disappearing Diesels (nonspeaking role) and Percy's Big Mistake (nonspeaking roles)
- Season 19 - Diesel Shunters and Middle Engines.
- Season 20 - Twin Trouble, Den and Dart Save the Day, Underappreciated and Ceremonium (cameos).
- Season 1 - Nicholas the Crane, Trust Paxton (cameo), and Diesel Domination
- Sodor Adventures: Season 2 - Frozen Points, Diesel Day, and Bluebells Forever
- Season 3 - Percy and the Diesels, Old Slow Coach, Sidney Helps Out, The Ghost on the Viaduct, and Pompous Popularity
- Season 4 - Saved by the Belle and George Strikes Again (cameo)
- Season 5 - The Big City Engine (cameo), High Expectations (cameo), A Surprise for Oliver, and Old Enemies
- Season 6 - The New Diesel Fuel and Paxton's Christmas Surprise
The Many Adventures on the Island of Sodor
- Season 1 - Double Diesel Trouble, A Bad Day for James, Paxton Gets Pranked (do not speak), Toby Gets Tough (cameo), and Franklin the Forklift (cameo)
- Season 2 - Peter Sam and the Lost Engine
- Thomas' Wonderful Life (cameo)
The Adventures on Sodor
- Season 1 - Tankers of Doom (cameo), The Lost Breakdown Train, and Scruff the Scrapper
- Season 2 - Disappearing Diesel, Unique Engines, and Fire at Ffarquhar (cameo)
Adventures on Rails
They are painted NWR green-grey with yellow hazard stripes on the front and back of the cab, yellow cab and the Bristish Railways "cycling lion" logo on either side.
'Arry and Bert are painted green-grey with yellow hazard stripes on their fronts and rears and yellow cabs. They have "Sodor Ironworks" written on their sides in white.
‘Arry and Bert inhabit Brendam Docks at Day.
In the Gender Bent Universe, their counterparts are Ari “Arianna” and Berry.